Nursing Review Center


Review Center is a help in passing the board examination. I wouldn't say it's a big big help but I wouldn't say it is not a help at all too. For me, enrolling yourself into a review center is like doing a mental exercise everyday which I think is very important for mental comprehension and for easy understanding of concepts. That's my prime purpose why I enrolled myself in a review center after graduation - for mental exercise.

I reviewed into two review centers. I had my critical review on Marlon Ray Labagnoy Center in Baguio City. It was a three week review. MRLRC has great reviewers. I am really impressed with their reviewers such as Dr. Supan and the one who lectured on Pediatrics. i really love them. They always have a live audience because they crack jokes in between. The place is so conducive...to sleep. The venue is a cinema house. Yes, very conducive but I don't think it's a perfect learning atmosphere because you will easily fall asleep because of the setting - cinema house. I payed for P5,000.00 during the critical review which will be a three week duration. After the critical review, we (me and my classmates) headed to Manila for our final coaching. Our school president decided to enroll the whole group of examinees to a review center which according to him UST staffs were the reviewers. We are with the students of Delos Santos-STI during the review. Many of us complained of the review in Manila. We are expecting of questions and drills during the final coaching but we are set into a typical review center which is into lecture, lecture and lecture.

The Review Center helped me in one way or another. But there's no such question encountered during the reviews which appeared on the test. Not even one. Of the reviewers during the critical review in Baguio told us to write some questions including the answers because according to him, those were the exact things that will appear on the exam. We believed in what he said because of the eagerness to pass, but during the exam, not even one of the questions he said appeared. It was just all lies.

For those who will take the board exam and are planning to be on a review center. I am not discouraging you to go for one. You enroll if you have the budget and if you think that it's best for you compared to self-review. But for those who thinks self review is better for them, then do it. Just have your self-review, just ensure that you have that discipline. For those, who doesn't have the budget, just borrow notes or books from a friend. It doesn't matter if you go for a review center or not. What's important is you study and you are sure that you understand well the concepts because that will pave way for you to pass the tricky examination.

I am not against any review Center but I noticed that many review centers are emerging and that really become a trend. So, be wise in your decisions. You don't have to enroll in a review center to pass. In the end, it's a battle between you and yourself. Make sure you have prepared for the exams by filling your mind with the basic concepts knowing the conditions, procedures and interventions.

Goodluck everyone! Hoping to see you names in the list of newly board exam passers next year!


Related posts:
June 2009 Nursing Board Exam Results
December 2009 Nursing board Exam